21 September, 2012
Robin is a Partner and Head of the Corporate and Commercial Department.
He advises businesses from start-up to disposal, and has a well-deserved reputation as a trusted and valued advisor to small to medium sized and owner-managed businesses, matched with a track record of delivering the best possible outcome for his clients.
Robin’s work encompasses a variety of corporate legal needs during the life cycle of a business, including:
- business start-ups
- private company sales
- mergers, acquisitions & disposals
- management buy-ins (MBIs) and management buy-outs (MBOs)
- private equity, including venture capital and management teams
- corporate finance
- joint ventures
- Limited Liability Partnerships and partnership structures
- Shareholders’ Agreements, share structures and corporate governance
- advising in relation to directors’ duties and obligations.
Recent transactions include:
- Disposal of an owner-managed insurance brokerage business to a major national broker
- Substantial share disposal arising from a shareholder dispute
- Acquisition of IT service provider to complement a major communications sector client
- Reorganisation of a substantial, long established family-owned group in the metals and minerals testing sector to implement a significantly more effective tax structure
- Disposal of a specialist courier/haulier to a national competitor
- Acting for clients and major lenders in the review and implementation of funding requirements in corporate transactions and refinances
- Acquisition of numerous independent financial advisory businesses for a highly acquisitive client
- Acquisition of residential care homes