Wills & Probate
Do you need help to make a Will, set up a Trust or Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) or some assistance with Probate or Administration of an estate?
With help from our team of expert Wills and Probate Solicitors you can:
- Make a Will to ensure your wealth and property are inherited by the people you choose
- Set up trusts and provide advice and guidance regarding inheritance tax and other taxes
- Deal with complex and high value family or private estates
- Prepare Powers of Attorney
- Deal with Court of Protection issues and registration
Why choose Storrar Cowdry to deal with your Will or Probate?
Our Wills and Probate Solicitors:
- will tailor their service to suit your individual needs and wishes.
- are experts in their field with many years of experience between them of Wills and Probate.
- appreciate that making a Will is not the most pleasant thing to do and will act sensitively.
- will always act for you completely confidentially.
- will make the process of Will writing or Probate as straight forward as possible.
Find out more about the costs involved and what service is included on our Fees page.
Our Dedicated and Knowledgeable Solicitors
If you wish to discuss your situation further with an expert solicitor please don’t hesitate to get in touch.Make An Enquiry
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to visit your offices?
Whilst you would be more than welcome to visit our offices, conveniently located in Chester City Centre, it is not essential. We can conduct a telephone meeting or visit you at home if you would prefer.
How much will your service cost me?
We have published a guide to our fees which explains this in more detail. Most importantly though, at Storrar Cowdry, we aim to be as transparent as possible regarding our fees and after discussing your requirements in detail with you, will be able to provide an estimate of costs involved.
What happens if I don't make a Will?
If you die without making a will (dying intestate), the law decides who inherits your possessions. This may be very different to your wishes. The important people in your life may not inherit. Instead distant relatives could receive your assets.
What is Probate?
Explained very simply, when someone dies and leaves money, possessions or property (their estate) someone needs to apply to Court for permission to represent the estate. This person will then pay all bills that are due and then share out the remainder according to the Will.
Find out what our clients think about us.
"Thank you Louise for making this so easy during such a difficult time."
"Thank you all for your professional and caring approach at a very difficult time."
"An efficient, friendly and professional service all round. We feel we have a ‘family solicitor’ who will deal with our affairs and those of our children for many years."
"Absolutely wonderful service provided."
Call Us On: 01244 400 567
Email us: email@example.com
Storrar Cowdry Solicitors, India House, 16 White Friars, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 1NZMake An Enquiry