Storrar Cowdry committed to cyber security with Cyber Essentials
17 December, 2019
As part of our ongoing commitment to cyber security, we are very proud to announce that we have achieved Cyber Essentials certification.
Cyber Essentials is a voluntary, Government-backed, industry-supported scheme to help organisations protect themselves against common online threats.
Victoria Boland, Practice Manager said “Here at Storrar Cowdry we take Cybersecurity very seriously. The growing threat of cyber-crime has become a major concern for businesses and it’s the responsibility of every organisation to ensure they adequately protect themselves and their clients.”
With this in mind we would like to remind you that:
1) Our bank account details will not change during the course of a transaction.
2) Speak to your Solicitor to check the bank details before transferring any money.
3) We will not accept responsibility if you transfer money to an incorrect bank account.
4) Avoid using public Wi-Fi systems to check e-mails about your legal matter. Fraudsters can easily hack into vulnerable Wi-Fi systems.
5) Avoid sharing social media posts about legal matters (particularly the buying/selling of your house). Fraudsters may get hold of this information and know the next step is a large financial transaction.